Crossroads Kitchen has been on my must go to list of hot vegan restaurants in big cities. Last night Brian and I had the best meal we’ve had since we went to the Willows in 2011.
Our waitress advised us that the plates were small Mediterranean style tapas and we should order 3 each.
- Kale Caesar Salad. The kale was chopped super fine with teeny tiny croutons. The flavor and texture was incredible. I think I may try to do that next time I make this Classic Vegan Caesar recipe.
- Artichoke Oysters. Artichoke leaves with oyster mushrooms. Each bite was heavenly.
- Hearts of Palm Crab Cakes. We almost didn’t order this because I have a recipe for a version of this. I’m glad we did because they were ridiculously good with a hint of horseradish that I might try adding next time I make them.
- Kale Spanakopita. The flakey phyllo rolls of kale were insanely good.
- Almond Cheese Tortelloni. Perfect homemade pasta.
- Scallopini parmesan. Fried, naughty, delicious.
Dinner was so outstanding, we figured we had to try their desserts. We had the Bread Pudding and the Chocolate Pecan Tart, both were really good.
Our new favorite restaurant. We will be dining here every time we’re in LA!
8284 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90046