Yesterday we worked from a few different locations including the Laughing Planet Cafe while we waited for our trailer to get serviced. Chad and Jake joined us for lunch.
– 27 point inspection
– activate 2nd inverter outlet next to TV
– pigtail for external solar (we just got a zamp portable bringing us to a total of 600 Watts!)
– toilet valve broken
– electric jack has short in connection
– bathroom fan handle broken
– shower fan won’t turn on
– replace shower seal at bottom of door
– dinette window screen coming out of seal
– alarm in bedroom – we tried replacing battery but it wouldn’t stop beeping
– a few missing rivets
– flickering LED bathroom
– freshwater input has popped out
Sutton Service finished up with our trailer around 3:30pm and then we drove an hour and a half north to Champoeg State park, where we discovered that the seal in our toilet is broken. We REALLY don’t want to have to go back to get this fixed, but we kind of have to.
Dinner Last Night:
My Aunt Kitty gave me a package of amaranth, so I had to figure out what to make with it. I found a recipe for Amaranth Risotto with Portobello and Peas. I cut the recipe in half, followed the cooking directions on the amararanth package and substituted fresh asparagus for the frozen peas. It was just ok. I need to ask Kitty what she’s making with it.
2013 Cost of Camping:
We have 3 nights booked at Champoeg State Park for a total of $88.
50 nights paid camping (thru Thursday 6/6)
107 nights free camping
157 days this year
Total spent on camping this year: $1,059.08
Daily average cost of camping: $6.75