2 men on a walk

2 Months & Counting

It’s been exactly two months since we arrived on our property. I had a lot of anxiety at the time – unsure if we were making the right decision coming north. Did we pick the right place to go? Would we be safe there? Should we let Marshall come in our trailer? Would we be carriers of this disease? I certainly didn’t want to be responsible for bringing COVID to our county.

Two months in, we’re healthy and I’m a little less anxious but no less cautious. I nag the guys every time they leave the property to be safe – just because we’re remote we can’t get complacent.

2 baby goats and a mama

Did we pick the right place to go? Well look at these goats. Whenever we need eggs, we walk a mile up the dirt road and pick up a dozen for $3 and visit with these sweeties. Jigsaw (the brown baby) needs a home or he will be winter stew.

Bri says we can’t bring him in the Airstream.

Previous Post Next Post


  • Reply Poker Shirnk May 28, 2020 at 2:13 pm

    Before anyone else asks – do the goats share a farm with chickens or are these egg laying goats?

    • Reply Leigh May 29, 2020 at 7:09 am

      😂 😂 Good to hear from you!!

  • Reply Todd May 29, 2020 at 8:26 am

    Glad you are safe and sound! Wish we were there with you guys…Atlanta is still sheltering in place, but the rest of Georgia has decided nothing is happening.

    • Reply Leigh May 29, 2020 at 8:31 am

      We miss you guys! From what I hear, there aren’t a lot of masks or gloves being worn in town, which means our county is starting to see more new cases (there was only 1 when we arrived).

  • Reply robin May 29, 2020 at 9:49 am

    looks beautiful. and seems like the ideal place to shelter.
    looking at lux camper vans. may set out to see the usa.
    finally. with rubyJ .
    you look so great…

    • Reply Leigh June 8, 2020 at 8:17 am

      OMG – REALLY???!!!!! I LOVE that for you. Text me. xoxo

  • Reply Pamela Wright May 29, 2020 at 3:23 pm

    Looks like you made a good choice to return to WA. Good to hear you are both doing well. I don’t see any reason that Jigsaw couldn’t move in!! Dog – goat what’s the difference!! Haha!

    We are hanging in Boulder City for the summer. We had a wonderful two month trip all set with reservations made and everything. We were set to head out May 15th but decided to cancel with the virus. Our trip was taking us to Joseph, OR and Winthrop, WA (and many other places on the way). We worried that even with precautions it could be terrible if one of us caught the virus and had to be hospitalized. Neither place is anywhere near good medical care. So next year we’ll try again.

    Take care!!

    • Reply Leigh June 8, 2020 at 8:16 am

      Hi Pam! I’m glad you two are staying put. Stay safe!

  • Reply Ed June 3, 2020 at 4:31 pm

    I hope by now that you’ve realized how well you have it. Can there be anything better than solitude, great views and neighbors that care for one another? Our “property” is here in Quartzsite. Makes total sense as a place to winter. Never did we figure on hunkering down as summer approaches. But hunker down we are. At least until more and more higher elevation locales open up. Even so, we’ll be heading into the San Juans of western Colorado by end of June.

    • Reply Leigh June 8, 2020 at 8:10 am

      Hi Ed – Yes, every day we marvel how lucky we are. Stay safe!

    Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.